What Can I Do While Waiting For Help to Arrive After a Fire in Forest Grove?
After any fire damage event in Forest Grove, your safety should be your first concern. Our Hillsboro and Forest Grove team offers these safety tips from our website for things you can do while waiting for help to arrive:
What To Do After A Fire
- Stay in the house only if it safe
- Electrical and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform
- Wet materials can be veryheavy
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
When your home or commercial business in Forest Grove has a fire damage emergency, our local team in Hillsboro and Forest Grove can help. Our technicians are on call 24-hours a day to serve you. Call us today at 503-648-8513.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.