Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Bio-hazards are something we never wish upon anybody. However, they can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time.
We here at SERVPRO take extra precautions when dealing with a bio-hazardous situations. From being a shoulder to cry on, to getting the job done and making the home or place of business look "Like it never even happened." we also handle Bio-hazards with extra care.
Do's and Don'ts of Bio-hazards:
- Do call 911 if applicable
- Do Call your local SERVPRO as soon as possible
- Do keep children and pets away from affected areas
- Do wear safety equipment such as gloves, respirators, and bunny suits
- Leave the affected areas in tact in case an investigation is launched
- Do not attempt to clean the blood or bodily fluids yourself
- Do not remove any affected materials
- Do not dispose of affected materials as they require specialty pick up from a waste center
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (503) 648-8513
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Hillsboro / Forest Grove has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Forest Grove