Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
- Ensure attics spaces are properly ventilated
- Ensure all windows, doors, tubs, shower pans, and sinks are properly sealed
- Repair your roof as soon as you notice damage such as blown off shingles, warping, or improperly installed roofing materials.
- Call a professional after a water loss. Even if it was a small water loss you want to ensure there is not moisture on or in any of the materials.
- Repair siding upon findings of damage
- Do ensure all fixtures are properly installed and sealed
- Do call a hygienist if you believe there is mold
- Do install ceilings fans in bathrooms that do not have any
- Do wipe down walls, ceilings, and floors if water exited the tub or sink
- Do not ignore mold. It is very toxic and hazardous
- Do not use bleach to clean it. Bleach only lightens the mold, it does not clean, disinfect, or remove mold.
- Do not attempt to clean it. Mold can become extremely hazardous very quickly.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (503) 648-8513
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Hillsboro / Forest Grove for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Hillsboro / Forest Grove has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Forest Grove
- North Plains